Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Maltese puppy ends up castrated

On 1st of May, it was reported in the newspapers of a grooming gone wrong. The maltese was left in the cage to be blown dry by a machine. It suffered heat stroke and was rushed to Mt Pleasant Animal Hospital. It had to undergo surgery, castration, and plasma transfusion after it suffered a heat stroke and servere damage to its liver and cells.

I find this so heartbreaking. I had read many pet forums and read that a few dogs have died while being blown dry in the cage. This is one of the reasons I try to groom Tiffany and Rubie myself. Of cos I can't do a professional job like the pros but at least they look decent. The last time my mum brought Rubie to the groomer and I was afraid something might happen to her. Luckily she came home fine and was well groomed. That put me at ease until this report came out.

Obviously no one wanted this to happen but I think more should be done when the dogs are being blown dry. Sometimes I see dogs being blown dry in a glass cage. Imagine how hot it'll be because the air can't get out.

Poor maltese, I hope the recovery is going well.

No comments: