Saturday, April 22, 2006

Eight Below



This story was just so heart breaking. I didn't expect it to be so sad. Well to me it was, I was quite affected by the show even though the ending was more or less a happy one. The dogs were left out in the antartica for over 6 mths! Two died and that made me even sadder. The show did leave quite an impression. The dogs were so smart. They knew how to work together and find food for their group. I even wonder if Rubie, Tiffany or Tinkerbell could even find food for themselves. These huskies were amazing and smart. What I'm most amazed was that they could stay out in the cold for so long. There was no shelter for them and they had to survive on their own for so long. After a seemingly long time for them to get back to the dogs, it felt good to see that most of the dogs survived. Gerry Shepherd, who was the owner of the dogs, was heart broken that he could not get to his dogs. I felt myself in his shoes. If I could not get to my dogs, I would be so sad. I should stop thinking too much. I even thought of the dogs facial expressions just before I went to sleep last night!

No comments: