Thursday, November 24, 2005

Hi Brownie

One of their daily hellos to Brownie. Brownie's always looking on our side with envy. I know he wishes he could come over to play with the rest. I wish there was a side gate so he could come over anytime!


You may be wondering why the grill is all covered up. It goes all the way back more than 15 years ago. That was when I still had my Bishon Frise (Cotton) and a Mongrel named Noni. And next door were a few German Shepherds. They are all in doggie heaven now. Anyway, one night my daring Cotton went and barked at the German Shepherds. She put her head too near and one the dogs grabbed her and she went through the grills onto the other side! We heard lots of screaming from the dogs and my mum and I went out and started screaming. Luckily Cotton played dead and finally my neighbour managed to get her dog's mouth to let go. She had a hole in her ear. We rushed to the 24hr hospital at midnight. Thank goodness her ears were long cos it protected her neck. I have never forgotten that terrible night. She had a few stitches and within weeks she was back to her usual self.

No comments: